Friday 18 April 2008

Something for the weekend...

After yesterday's rant, followed by a trip to the National theatre to see the really quite good Never So Good, followed by an ill-advised late night viewing of the V+ recording of Wednesday's Apprentice (verdict: Sir Alan would get more efficient assistance from a dog biscuit than by hiring any of the fun-to-wince-at, hell-to-work-with maniacs selected by this team's halfwitted researchers), I am now exhausted. And as of about midnight last night, I have developed irritating cold symptoms and am consequently feeling very needy and grumpy and self-pitying. The thought of returning home to my sofa in under three hours and spending the evening watching Desperate Housewives and American Idol under a blanket while wearing velour lounge trousers, faux-fur-lined slippers and an old T-shirt featuring cartoon drawings of cows from around the world is so appealing that it makes me want to weep gently at my desk. I won't mumble on - minor, phlegm-based illnesses repel me, even my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment