Monday 13 July 2009

Moving quickly on...

Pity the Glastocrush. Not merely because he is the current Object of my Affections, but because last night he decided in a fairly haphazard, last minute type way, to come to my choir concert, and afterwards, with about fifteen seconds notice, was told that after approx. two weeks of knowing each other, he was about to meet my parents. Not that my parents are anything other than unremittingly lovely, of course, but still. Quite a shocker for him, I'm sure. I would have gone spastic if it had happened to me, and almost certainly would have run down the road with my arms waving above my head, emitting a long, high pitched moan en route, panic bought an entirely new outfit in Selfridges, bankrupted myself in the process and then returned to be faced with the grown ups convinced that I was seeming composed and utterly charming but in fact ruining it all because the label would still be hanging out of the back of my fictional new skirt and I would be covered in a sheen of perspiration from the unparalleled pressure of the lightning quick purchase.

What else is news? I have absolutely and utterly lost interest in current affairs. I don't think I've watched a single minute of TV since before I went to Egypt. It's quite extraordinary how you get sucked into the bubble and how quickly you can extricate yourself from it if you so desire. Quite liberating I suppose. Nothing is as all-encompassing as it may seem. Good or bad, this too shall pass. Quite astonishing, really. Hmmm, I appear to be having some sort of existential moment. I won't bore you with it further. 'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment