Tuesday 7 July 2009

Summary

FFS. I'm having enough trouble writing my blog and then the stupid computer freaking deletes it. GROWL. Anyway. So. I'm sorry. I was in a post-Glasto haze, seriously sad that it was all over, still slightly in shock about how much I had enjoyed it, and then I became distracted with work and life and it all got a bit much. Last Tuesday I went to the Barbican with Kate to see Stravinsky's Firebird suite, which was every bit as stunning in real life as I'd hoped, and then on Wednesday I went to the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea with Grania to see a dreadful talk where none of the speakers defined their stance and the motion was neither passed nor refuted. Alain de Botton did his public-school best, but neither Ant(h)ony Gormley nor Grayson Perry or the other speakers were good enough, and Grania and I had a more balanced and conclusive debate about whether 'Art Can Be Taught To The Facebook Generation' on our short walk to dinner afterwards. Thursday I saw my Glastocrush for a bit of nostalgia - we sat in Hyde Park drinking alcohol out of big cardboard cups, listening to Blur who were playing over the perimeter fence a short distance away. Friday I was girly with my friend who's just got engaged, and Saturday I spent the afternoon with Sara and Maggie, who's nearly six and an absolute knockout. Saturday night I won't discuss because not everything is fit for public consumption. Sunday I got up and went to Green Park to play Ultimate Frisbee with approx. twelve complete strangers and it was blissful and sweaty and I had a brilliant time. God I am lucky to live in a part of the world where I can think on Friday night 'Hmmm, I quite fancy playing Ultimate Frisbee,' find a website on Google, send a few emails, and then get an invitation from a really fun team to play a day and a half later. I am exuding gratitude for this and my many other blessings. After the game we all went to a nearby pub to watch the epic Wimbledon final and I had delicious chilled leek and potato soup and then didn't get home until after 7pm, far too late and exhausted to contemplate my ironing or my DIY. Yesterday I was at my desk but couldn't do any work due to frisbee-induced stiffness and life-induced exhaustion/apathy. Then I went to choir. And now you're up to date. I am sorry again for my lack of updates, but j'espere que you'll understand, under the circs. I'll be back soon with proper observations 'n' ting. Be strong, Faithful - your continued loyalty is valued a great deal. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment