Tuesday 4 August 2009

Woop

It's my birthday. I am at work. I received four birthday cards in the post this morning. I received a further card when I got to work, as well as an individually packaged slice of M&S Victoria sponge, which I ate for breakfast. As I type, I have received ten birthday messages on my Facebook wall. I have had four birthday texts and one birthday voicemail. Tomorrow my boss is taking me out for a birthday lunch. It is not clear why he couldn't do that today, on my actual birthday, but I'm not complaining. Tonight I will be cooked a delicious meal by my parents. On Friday I will celebrate with a select group of friends who aren't on holiday. And thrillingly, I have one birthday bunch of flowers on their way, which is brilliant because I can carry them home on the tube and everyone will see that I am loved. Not that I care about that kind of thing, for I am self-sufficient and a natural introvert, but I just thought you might like to be kept in the loop. Birthday love to all from The Birthday Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment