Friday 11 May 2007

How lucky we are...

I’m lacklustre, stuck in work mode, trapped by routine and completely unable to be remotely creative. What’s more, I’ve been haunted by this passage that I read on Radio 4’s PM blog and now everything else seems/is trite and irrelevant:


'On a serious note, I don't know if any of you were listening to Mike Thomson's report this morning on the Today programme from the Democratic Republic of Congo. He spoke to a young mother who was recently abducted, along with scores of people from her village, by a group of rebel soldiers. She says her captives, Hutu militia from
Rwanda known as the Interahamwe, then bayoneted fifty of them before forcing her to hang her own baby... We need to be constantly reminded, don't we, of what's going on there.'


Puts things into perspective a bit.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous20:34

    that is just sickening and it literally makes me naucious. I am sitting here shaking my head, just can't believe those things actually happen. It makes me want to cry.....

    ReplyDelete