Tuesday 1 December 2009

Three things I can tell you:

1. This short clip of giant jellyfish near Japan is a bit freaky and a bit beautiful. I think I'd find it less scary if the theme tune to The Flintstones or Baby Elephant Walk by Henry Mancini was playing instead. Maybe the filmmakers can consider that for next time.

2. I bought too much mincemeat, but it doesn't go off until 2011 so hopefully I'll force down all the mince pies by then. I principally told that story (if it can be described as such) so that you'd be impressed by my Nigella-esque skills, but then I feel I should also admit that I bought frozen shortcrust pastry, so basically all that remains for me to do is roll, cut and use a spoon. And it would have been cheaper to buy them. In an attempt to claw this back from being both tragic, wasteful and pointless, I have this instant decided that my pies will have festive drawings pricked on them with a skewer. I will supply a photograph when I make them. Which will probably be in around February.

3. I have submitted my Christmas list and am now experiencing my annual panic that I will think of something ESSENTIAL and it will be too late. The fact that I am old enough to buy it for myself is, of course, a logical beta blocker, but the post-list-submission jitters are beyond my control. As usual, to give the elves some flexibility, I have thoughtfully requested more than I am likely to receive; however, due to space limitations at my flat, I have finally stopped asking for a pony. My top two hopefuls are this and a pineapple-shaped ukulele. Santa, if you're reading, I have been a good girl, probably one of the best there's ever been, so do the right thing and reward me with the material possessions I so desperately need. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous20:21

    The jelly fish are beautiful. I'd love to swim with them.

    However, I wouldn't because the Japanese Sea is also where these terrifying buggers live. No. Not American children, but the Spider Crabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coin sorter is a great idea, I LOVE being (or at least attempting to be) more organized. Every little bit helps, yes?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I do my best, Kim and Ross. Hope Santa brings you what you most desire.

    As for the spider crabs, Thom - ick. Just the name brings me out in goosebumps. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete