Wednesday 18 April 2007

Out of the frying pan...

Advantages for a daughter living at her parents' house: Last week, while I was at work, my dad heard a loud crash outside the house. He went into the street to find a man lifting my Vespa from its position lying on the ground, where he had knocked it over having reversed into it in his car. The man appeared to be happy to leave without paying for any damage, even though there were several scrapes and a big dent on the right hand side, and one of the mirrors had broken off. Thankfully, my ever-scrupulous father was able to take the man's details and he has now had to agree to pay for the damage. Had I been living alone, there would have been no-one to scamper out and identify the perpitrator: he would almost certainly have driven off and I'd have had to pay for the repairs myself.

Disadvantages for a father whose daughter lives in his house: My father deserves several hundred brownie points as a reward for his serendipitous act. Instead, this afternoon he accidentally reversed into my Vespa in the opposite direction and there are now further scratches and dents on the left hand side. Since it is arguable that, had I not been living at home, my Vespa would most likely have been parked elsewhere, this may contribute to the Get Her Out campaign. Which is unfortunate.

1 comment:

  1. Laugh out loud...!

    Sorry to hear about your scooter, but love the story xxx

    ReplyDelete