Tuesday 25 March 2008

Bloated gloating

Oooh, I'm a lucky lass. Having found the last few weeks fun but somewhat stressful, lovely Paul whisked me away for a surprise relaxing Easter break in Yorkshire, complete with mysterious envelopes that I was only allowed to open at certain times, two freestanding baths side by side in a gargantuan room, a jaw-dropping eight foot bed (which of course we did not sleep in simultaneously, spending alternate nights on one of the contemporary sofas), two gorgeous dinners out, walks on the moors in both magical sunlight and frolic-inducing snow and lots of innocent hand-holding and sweet nothings. It was all rather too good to be true and I wouldn't blame anyone for hating me a bit.

Now he's gone off to a far-flung destination to work for the rest of the week but I am not too bereft as I have my inaugural Tesco's home delivery arriving tonight between 6 and 8pm. The eager anticipation I feel for this event cannot be exaggerated - my only slight panic is that the nice man won't carry my groceries (specifically selected by me for home delivery due to their gargantuan combined weight) up the two flights of stairs to my door. Still, having eaten approximately seven times my own body mass in chocolate, cake, croissants, meat, cheese, fish, chips and other assorted foodstuffs over the past few days, maybe carrying my next batch of food up some steps might be a sensible plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment