Thursday 26 March 2009

New one on me

I was on the Hammersmith & City Line last night, listening to my iPod. I didn't want to be listening to my iPod, but I'd had to put it on because the people opposite me were talking so loudly. I had the volume up to the max, but I was listening to Bon Iver, who's quite wafty, and he couldn't drown them out. I managed to focus on my book, though, and it was all OK. What was curious, was that the man received a phonecall, answered, and I quite clearly heard the lady who was phoning him say 'Hi, how are you?' She wasn't on loudspeaker. He just had his volume turned up so high that I could hear his incoming call. Actually, maybe he was a bit deaf and I'm mocking the afflicted. Oops. Apologies.

I had a lovely dinner at Tab and Ad's and then got home and had a bad phonecall. But it had to be done and things will be better as a result. Fingers crossed, anyway. I have high hopes for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment