Monday 28 September 2009

Just FYI

Last week I sent an email to an author who I absolutely love. He replied. I replied again. He replied again. Then it could go no further without me offering to stalk him, so it ended.

21 September 2009 23:52
Subject line: Fanmail
I think you are so clever and funny that I don't quite know what to do with myself.
Yours,
Jane

22 September 2009 10:52
Subject line: Fanmail
You should try being me sometime. It's no picnic, I can tell you.
Regards
AM

22 September 2009 11:24
Subject line: Fanmail
Oh, I don't want to *be* you. I just want to bask in your brilliance.
Being anyone is tricky at times. And picnics are seriously overrated.
Keep up the good work. And if you ever need an ego boost, drop me a line: I'm clever and cool and I think you're the dog's.
Jane

23 September 2009 10:18
Subject line: Fanmail
My ego, as any number of people would doubtless wearily attest, requires no further enlarging. But thanks for the encouragement - always nice to think that someone is paying any attention at all.
AM

THE END

I don't really know why I'm posting that exchange here. It makes me smile, I suppose. I like his mixture of arrogance and insecurity. And if I don't post it on my blog, then I might forget all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment