Tuesday 16 January 2007

Stand in mountain pose, hands in Namaste...

Meet Rodney Yee, the new love of my life. In his eye-wateringly tight lycra, he may look like a bronzed man squeezed into a blue condom, but I can assure you that he is so much more besides. Since I returned from India in early November, getting fit has been in that unusual category of 'Urgent Priority' that is just an ant's breadth down from 'Urgent Priority That Will Actually Be Actioned'. Hence I have gained further pounds.

But Rodney is here, praise be to Mr and Mrs Yee. With his mesmerising voice, rippling form and unusual taste in background music, his DVD, Power Yoga: Total Body, is banishing my cellulite (even the 'clusters' that have worryingly begun to appear on my upper arm in a shock development) and causing my trousers to fit once again. True, my Downward Facing Dog needs some work, as does my Triangle Pose, but there's no rush. For now, I am revelling in the fact that my Standing Forward Bend has noticeably improved in a remarkably short time, and my Warrior Two is becoming almost a pleasure to hold. I concede that it will be some time before it is a pleasure to behold, but since there doesn't appear to be a queue of eager prospective spectators outside the door, I don't think I have much to worry about on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment