Friday 26 January 2007

Three days later...

On the left, please witness the wintry paradise that was our garden on Wednesday morning. It looked like that for, ooh, about twenty minutes. Then the sun came out and everything went back to normal. It's all very odd and I have a feeling that Mr Gore's film might be a bit too little too late.

On Wednesday night, six schoolfriends came over for our book club. Two of us stayed up talking until after 2am and I went to bed even later, having drunkenly (and correctly) decided that clearing up then and there would be better than leaving it to the morning - and then drunkenly (and misguidedly) played Tetris on my phone for a further length of time which I am not at liberty to disclose.

Thursday was yesterday, and that is about all I know for sure. Having the house to myself has been wonderful, but it should be admitted that I have regressed to a teenage imbecile while enjoying freedom. My bed has remained unmade, clothes have built up in unassailable mounds on the floor, I've been eating random concoctions from whatever I can find in the fridge rather than cooking proper meals and I've spent the vast majority of my waking hours in my pyjamas. Predictably, my hangover from Wednesday night did not ameliorate the situation yesterday and I achieved staggeringly little.

Today has been no better, starting when I narrowly missed the postman delivering a 'packet' that required a signature. It will now require me to go and collect it at an inconvenient hour tomorrow morning from the Mortlake Sorting Office. Now I must go and scavenge downstairs for some lunch. Beyond that it's a bit vague but I'll keep you posted with any major developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment