Friday 4 January 2008

I Came, I Saw, Ikeaed

So, I'm back. And alive. And substantially poorer. It wasn't so bad. My hard work with Excel graphs definitely paid off as I managed to spend an obscene amount of money in what seemed like 36 seconds (well, after a two hour wait to see a kitchen 'advisor'). When it came to calculating the final tally, the work experience boy who was helping me haemorrhage my hard-earned cash informed me that it would cost an extra £40 to have the kitchen delivered. For a brief moment Mum and I tried to work out whether taking it home ourselves would perhaps be a worthwhile saving, but then we were informed that my flat-packed kitchen will be made up of 249 packages (no joke) and will weigh over half a metric ton. So we let them do it.

Back home I'm now shopping online for appliances and wondering how important it is that the same company make your oven, hob and hood. Can one mix and match these items like sweets or do they all have to coordinate like a Dash tracksuit? Such are the essential questions that flurry round my head nowadays and, fascinating though I find these issues, I certainly wouldn't want to impose such quandaries upon my beloved Faithful. Thus I'm off back to Argos - and you should go to bed. It's late.

No comments:

Post a Comment