Thursday 26 August 2010

The drought continues

Nothing to say. Again. I think the combination of the boyban and meditation might be making me externally dull. Internally, I'm fascinating. I'm just not sure that the major psychological breakthrough that has been taking place in my grey matter will be as gripping in black and white. Once I've got everything sorted into a convenient bite-sized summary, I might give it a go. But for now, you'll have to put up with the fact that I have little to give.

I do think that the people panicking about the wheelie bin cat woman need to get a grip though. I mean, it's bad. I am not trying to claim that the cat secretly got a kick out of the experience, or that the woman is a modern day Dr. Doolittle who should be honoured with a place in the Ultimate Big Brother house. It was an unpleasant incident. But when you have a list of issues to get upset about that goes something like this:
  • Tories utterly screwing public services
  • LibDems completely capitulating like a bit of paper in a force nine gale
  • No viable alternative in the Labour leadership elections
  • Worst humanitarian disaster of recent history unrelenting in Pakistan
  • Terrible drug cartel deaths in Mexico
  • UK interest rates forecast to rise to 12% in the next two years
and then you have:
  • Slightly unhinged woman puts cat in wheelie bin; cat now absolutely fine

anyone who has spent more time being upset about the wheelie cat than about any of the other issues should be put in a bin and mailed to Pakistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment