Wednesday 29 August 2007

Tick - eternal pause - tock

More than once today I have looked at the clock and drawn a sharp breath of shock and confusion, so convinced was I that the time would be at least an hour or two later.

Currently I am more in need of distractions than ever, thus it is massively frustrating that none seem forthcoming. I have fulfilled all my work obligations, within reason. I have replied to all my emails. I have completed all my completable admin. I have read everything of interest in today’s Guardian online. I have refreshed Facebook so frequently that it must be close to saturation. There is nothing more for me to do other than will my lunchtime Marks and Spencer microwavable paella (exact model not photographed) to digest more speedily so that I can head down to the gym to burn it back off.

Sometimes life seems laughably pointless – or perhaps it’s just mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment