Friday 5 September 2008

Handy Hint

I try to ensure that reading LLFF is a valuable experience for all my Faithful. Whether I brighten your day by allowing you the opportunity to laugh at my thrilling antics, or help you achieve a cathartic calm by detailing my commute, I always aim for my blog to add something extra to my readers' lives.

Thus I sincerely hope that the top tip that follows below (perhaps the first of a series) will enlighten and improve your collective existence.

As many of you will already know, deodorant is extremely useful, preventing many an embarrassing damp patch or unpleasant odour. But did you know that it is not quite so useful if inadvertently placed in the eye? I am sure all of us have, at times, wondered what would happen if one put deodorant in one's eye, so I am confident that you will be relieved that I was able to perform the heavy work on your behalf.

My findings are as follows: do not, and I repeat, do not, apply roll-on deodorant to your underarm area, accidentally touch it and then accidentally but unknowingly touch that same finger to your left eye. Or, in fact, right eye. [NB: I didn't test the right, but I suspect the results may be comparable.] At approximately 08:13 this morning, I noticed an unpleasant irritation in my eye area. I thought that perhaps an eyelash or similar foreign object had become trapped between ball and lid, but careful lifting of said lid (which, I later realised, ensured that further smears of deodorant entered my visual zone) revealed nothing. After a few seconds further had elapsed, the sensation became squeaky, dry, bloodshot and extremely uncomfortable. And thus it has remained for the past three hours.

So. Dove deodorant in eyes. To be avoided. Perhaps other brands may react differently but I have a hunch the risk will be similar in all cases.

Here endeth the handy hint. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment