Tuesday 3 November 2009

1.5 seconds of fame

It's been 41 years since Andy Warhol predicted that in the future, everyone would be "world-famous for 15 minutes", and I am pleased to announce that, as of last night, I am 0.16 recurring % of the way there. While I was on my way home from choir practice, Thom texted me to say that he'd just seen me on TV. He also said I was on YouTube. So I got back to my flat, and looked, and he's right. I'm there, on a nationwide ad campaign, in glorious technicolour, for everyone to see. My teeth look very American.

Now, of course, that doesn't make me famous. But we've all got to start somewhere. And I've only got 898.5 seconds to go before Andy Warhol is proved right.

Thanks to Murray for answering my call while he was in Switzerland and giving me assistance with the percentage calculation. I'm tired and thick because I couldn't sleep last night and then couldn't stop reading Texts From Last Night. The fallout from Hallowe'en has been fantastic e.g.: "You tried to wear your Jesus costume into Family Christian stores and say it was a book signing." LOLZ etc.

Right. I'll leave you now. I doubt any of you have read yesterday in its entirity so you have plenty to be getting on with. Go on, my lambs, off you trot.

No comments:

Post a Comment