Friday 20 November 2009

Being @lostlooking

The speed at which my mind works is, quite frankly, impressive. And yet terrifying. A few moments ago, I tried to access the blogger.com site, in order to log in and write my next enthralling blog entry, and instead of the familiar navy and beige landing page, I was greeted with a stark, black typeface reading Error 503. In the next 4 seconds, I copied and pasted the text into Google, searched, and discovered that this particular error is generally caused by a temporary overload and is resolvable. I then tried to access blogger again and it loaded perfectly. The whole incident had lasted less time than it takes to peel a banana, yet the monologue I had in my head went something like, "Ohmygodohmygod, it's broken, why is it broken? What if ohmygod seriously though WHAT IF my work have blocked the site and I'm no longer able to blog from work?! What will I dooooooo?! My whole career and possibly my self-esteem is on the line here. Oh I know, I can write it at work and then email it to myself and upload it when I get home or I can email it to a third party and get them to upload it for me, but then help I wouldn't be able to get them to upload photographs because that's too big an ask, but then I suppose I could just upload the pictures myself at a later date and really the pictures aren't that big a deal as I don't upload them very often do, although maybe I should? But at least it's all manageable and oh thank fuck for that the page is loading now, god that would have been AWFUL."

So anyway, apologies for lack of blog yesterday - I do try to write every weekday but sometimes my life causes problems. This week has been slightly tricky for me, but I'm going to the countryside for some TLC shortly and we'll all be able to move on soon. For various reasons, I haven't been sleeping well, and last night I had the most vivid, VIVID sex dream about a guy (married, kids, not that attractive) who works in my office. It was one of those ridiculous dreams when they've been so lovely that you wake up and still slightly fancy them. I've seen him about five times today and keep on blushing. We had, no joke, flown to another planet and he was washing my hair with tea tree shampoo. There's no point pretending I'm not mental. Thankfully I have ridiculously nice friends and a lot of fun things going on so I have no complaints. See you next week. Virtually.

No comments:

Post a Comment