Tuesday 25 August 2009

(Brackets)

OK I'm back. In my absence, I have: seen Ricky Gervais perform some new material in preparation for a new tour (absolutely, unmitigatingly rubbish but I quite enjoyed finding him so disappointing in a schadenfreudic fashion); been taken rowing on the Serpentine at sunset (very, very romantic); had a few difficult conversations (unfun); hosted a dinner with my parents at my flat (very fun: terrine a success, cod less so); tried a restaurant near my flat that I've been meaning to visit for 15 months (not incredible but certainly will revisit); watched England beat Australia in the world's oldest sporting competition at The Oval (amazing); made a tough decision (tough); been sad (boo); and eaten a lot of M&S butter and sultana cookies (ecstasy followed by immediate regret). (N.B. the cookies are called 'butter and sultana cookies' (I think). I was not eating sultana cookies and M&S butter. The Faithful will know that this latter extrapolation would not in any sense be out of the question in terms of my dietary desires, so I thought it was worth clarifying).

Today I have been planning my next adventure. So far I have rejected archaeology excursions in Thailand and conservation trips along the Amazon, the former because my face wouldn't go brown and I'd get a farmer's tan, and the latter because you have to get up v. early in the morning and it's a bit too expensive. Now I'm going to sit in the sun across the road from my office and think about my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment