Thursday 27 August 2009

Nothing to report

I have nothing to say today, and when I asked my mum what to write, she said, 'Well, your father's just putting the final bit of soil around the new tree,' which, while gripping, wasn't really something I felt could fill an entire blog entry. I didn't do anything cultural last night - I got my hair cut and as usual no one's noticed, and then I went round to Astrid's where we had dinner with Ed and Tom, and it was really very fun indeed, and we discussed the fine line between agnosticism and atheism and ate seriously delicious food and I disgraced myself by finishing the rest of the white chocolate sauce when I was already really full, and then I went home and went to sleep and had weird dreams and then came to work and did some work and this afternoon I got an email showing me the route of the twenty mile night hike I'm going on in September in aid of Maggie's Centres, and we get to go in all these cool buildings on our way, including Battersea Power Station, and I can't wait. Then I was on the Guardian's homepage and noticed that there are now 130,000 members signed up to their Soulmates dating site and I can't understand why the number keeps going up because surely some people meet on the site and get together and remove their profile and it's a bad advert for the site's alleged success if numbers are continually sky high and growing? And I also downloaded a map for the Notting Hill Carnival and booked some tickets for something at the Jazz Cafe and made some other plans and basically I am SO EXCITED about all the fun things I have coming up in the near future so I'm feeling very lucky. But no one has urinated on me or farted near my head and I haven't tripped over in public and revealed my pants and I don't have anything vital to say about Channel 4's long overdue decision to axe Big Brother and I still haven't decided on my evening classes or my next adventure. I'm a bit in limbo at the moment. It's fine here, I have no problem with it as a location. But I couldn't stay here forever. More news as it comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment