Friday 5 March 2010

Thrilled

Guess what I just caught myself doing. You'll never guess. I was whistling at my desk, proving without question that, for now, the snake has crept away. I can still see its tail-end, but it's definitely retreating, and I am watching it leave, waving it off with a maniacal grin on my mug. And it feels inCREDible, a new lease of life. I went for lovely gastropub chats with Kate and Ses last night and my perspective shifted, and today the sun is out, I ran for nearly five miles with Laura this morning through our beautiful city, over Waterloo Bridge, weaving around Southwark and back over London Bridge, up through Bank and back to the office, exclaiming every now and then at the architecture, stark white stone radiating against deep cyan, and making fun of an unfortunate man's running style. It was elating. And god it's good to be back.

Guess what I found out today? You'll never guess. Laura was telling me that Michelle told her that Lisa told her that a girl came out of our basement gym last week, went into the changing rooms and got into the shower, without her glasses (obv), and TROD IN A POO. Someone had had a poo in our work showers. Amazing.

God I'm excited. I feel like running through the streets singing and high fiving complete strangers. Also I feel like drinking a lot of white wine. Will do the latter but not the former. Woop.

7 comments:

  1. Yay to departing snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After an hour with a personal trainer last night - my tummy muscles are applying for a disabled parking permit.
    The words 'TROD IN A POO' have put my muscle recovery back a step....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay indeed, DJ. Thanks for all your brilliance along the way. xx

    And, Deborah: I'm sorry. Kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piers F-D11:04

    It's a myth that boys are more disgusting than girls. In my office, the amount of e-mails that go round with stuff like 'Er...if you laid a cable on the loo seat in the Ladies, can you not do it again etc etc' have long ago convinced me that when it comes to public lavs, girls are far, far more revolting than boys. FACT. Yes, FACT.

    PS Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry? For what?

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the delay to your recovery, innit. Keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But of course. The muscle damage has obviously reached My Brain.

    ReplyDelete