Wednesday 28 February 2007

iPod idiocy and job update

In decades gone by, a sign of mental decrepitude was the sight of an absent-minded individual searching for the pair of spectacles they were already wearing. In a modern take on an age-old problem, I am now confronting a new embarrassment. As I sit on the tube or walk along the busy London streets, I am regularly plagued by a panicked conviction that my iPod has been stolen and have to pat my pockets frantically and search my cavernous bag until I find it. Given the metropolis' reputation for petty crime and white-wire targeting, such behaviour could perhaps be seen as sensible caution were it not for the fact that, during these frenzied searching sessions, my headphones are always sitting comfortably in my ears and beautiful music is wending its way down the wires into my mind. Looking for an iPod while wearing it and hearing its music: absurd when it happens the first time, worrying when it happens every few minutes.

In other news: I am employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment