Thursday 6 November 2008

City boys gasp

There I was, just wondering how to entertain myself for the next few minutes before lunch, when there was one of those occasional 'WOAH!' noises from the trading floor outside my office. Turns out the Bank of England has just cut interest rates by a whopping 1.5%, down from 4.5% to 3%. Everyone was trying to work out whether they were going to go for 0.5% or 1%, and they simply did not see the 1.5% option coming. I know it affects me brilliantly, in that my monthly mortgage repayments will come down again - but other than that, I doubt it'll have much impact on my life. The boys outside, however, are being about as high fivey as English men get (ie. the occasional wry chuckle). Certainly got the adrenaline going.

In other news: not much. I'm still digesting the Obama election. I tutored last night after work for a bit of extra cash, which is much-needed as my Amex bill seems to be multiplying like a deadly virus. Tonight's activities are staying under the radar for now.... will report back at an unspecified future time. Watch this space. Well - check back in 24 hours. Realistically there's unlikely to be any update before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment