Tuesday 16 February 2010

No mention of Valentine's

It's one of those times when the combination of what is going on in my life and what is going on in my head is all too much, and the thought of attempting to hack away at the Everest becomes overwhelming. For now, I'll summarise by saying that my weekend at Nicole's was wonderful, and my prejudices were both confirmed and challenged, particularly in a heated dinner party debate about whether one's nanny should be instructed to use 'loo' not 'toilet' in front of one's children. As usual, I stepped aboard the train to London Paddington feeling a genuine wrench at leaving such an admirable family unit (especially the three small people who are truly entertaining and amazing on a trampoline) and utterly thrilled that I am able to return to my flat toute seule.

Yesterday I was a tad mental but hey, these things happen. Back to 'normal' today thanks in part to a good night's sleep last night, which in turn was thanks to a) a fast run around the South Bank with Laura at lunch and b) half a bottle of wine at the BFI over a delicious dinner with Em yesterday evening. Now I'm feeling chipper at the prospect of a perfect evening's combo: Westfield, pancakes and possibilities. Shrove Tuesday: now there's a religious bandwagon upon which I am more than happy to jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment