Wednesday 26 January 2011

Do Not Read This Post

Topics I feel I should write about:
  • Obama's State of the Nation address
  • Osborne blaming the economy on the weather
  • My aching upper body and how I think climbing might be the world's greatest cure for bingo wings ever

Topics I have the energy to write about:

  • A big, fat zero in a harness

I got home yesterday full of good intentions for a productive evening at home. I was initially efficient, cleaning my bathroom and the 'utility area' where the plumbing work had created a lot of dirt, and then making peppers stuffed with couscous. At 8pm I sat down on my sofa with the intention of checking my emails and then starting to write. At 8:30pm, my eyes were stinging so much that one actually released a tear. I admitted defeat and went to bed, where I did some meditation and was asleep at 9:15pm. Woke up at 8:05am this morning. Just under 11 hours sleep. Something is not right. Maybe it's still hormones. Maybe it's that I'm so old now that I am STILL catching up from my 4am night on Saturday, even though I slept for 11 hours on Sunday night too. If that's the case, I find it seriously unfunny. I can't be sleeping this much on a regular basis, life's far too short as it is. Growl.

Here endeth the World's Dullest Blog Post, which I sincerely hope marks LLFF's nadir. I never know if it's better to write this than not write at all. I'd normally argue for quality over quantity but apparently in the blogosphere, different rules apply, and you need to go for frequency above all else. Meh. Shut up.

In other news, I desperately want this dress. I actually think I would look better than Angie in it, such is the scale and unpredictable nature of my body image. If anyone is stuck for a Happy January present to get me, this would be a good start. I don't need the Brad Pitt, she can keep him.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous17:03

    You're just tired Love - "this too shall pass..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, balls to frequency! I've heard the same thing said about blogging but after I'd been doing it for about a year I realised that I'd rather look back on something decent, rather than any old brainfart I'd had.

    Which isn't to say that you shouldn't have published this post, by the way, there's also something great about looking back at an old post and thinking "I don't even remember feeling that shitty."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07

    That is climbing fatigue. It comes from nowhere.
    You should buy a green dress. It would suit your eye and hair colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anon - you're right. Thanks.

    @Andrew - I know, I know. It's definitely true, though, that your readers drop off when you don't post - I have the Google Analytics stats to prove it. Just a question of whether you'd rather have lots of regulars reading sub-standard posts or basically no-one reading brilliant posts that you write once a month. I think if I waited until I had a post I'm really proud of, I'd wait forever. Better, I think, that I keep churning them out and hope for an occasional gem.

    @Thom - thanks! I have several green items, including two dresses. I just want THAT dress. The Versace one. In my size.

    ReplyDelete