Wednesday 12 January 2011

General update

So this morning I was sent some junk mail by a swanky London bar - the first sentence hoped I'd had "a good festive period" and really, there's no need for that phrase is there? It makes me think of womb lining and holly. Ick.

The spring in my step today has come from the fact that a) after 24 hours of intense internal deliberations, a sleepless night and a bilateral summit meeting in my office with Laura, I have decided what I am going to do in the April/May amazing 12 days off for 3 days' holiday extravaganza, and b) the ukulele band I auditioned for on Monday evening have accepted me and I am 100% thrilled, particularly about getting dolled up in 40s gear on a regular basis, and 89% terrified as it will involve me learning things off by heart and then performing them in front of an audience, and as we all know, my memory is not the best. Still, I have been medium-sized parts in Shakespeare plays before, one of which involved me learning a two-page speech, so I know I could do it in the nineties. I just need to remember how to do it now.

Other than that, I have no news. The world is still turning, the floods in Oz are horrific, the Tories are screwing up, my opinion of Nick Clegg has gone up a fraction but not enough, England's win today at the 20/20 cricket was pretty tense, America needs to sort out its gun laws, Julian Assange needs to be taken down a peg or two (although I definitely still would), the Croatian Wikileaks equivalent is going to be exciting, and everyone in the world should watch this teacher in action. I am drinking a lot of diet drinks and slightly worried I may die of aspartame-related causes.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous15:34

    Exciting news about the uke band, clever you... what's their name? I bought a Laka concert uke for Rupert for Xmas btw, lovely tone although he's been playing it almost constantly ever since he opened it! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news re. Rupert's uke, that sounds ideal. I have a tenor uke but I'm thinking of getting a smaller one too - the tone is totally different. Got to keep schtum about the name of the band on here, Jules - meant to be an anonymous blog innit! ;-) I'll Facebook the details when we start gigging x

    ReplyDelete