Sunday 9 September 2007

The Denial Twist

A book I read recently suggested that if our perception of reality becomes too unpleasant, it's wise to retreat, give oneself a bit of a break and accept distractions from elsewhere. And talented though Henry James undeniably is, The Portrait of a Lady just isn't cutting it. So tonight I've immersed myself in American junk movies in an attempt to stop ruminating. Sadly, while the films I've watched have stopped me from reflecting on my own issues for entire seconds at a time, their portrayal of clear choices and happy endings makes it even harder to accept my lot as the credits roll. Worse still, I've just added a new ambition to my omnigrowing To Do list and irritatingly, 'Become Lois Lane' isn't anywhere near the most unlikely item on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment