Sunday 16 September 2007

Only in America...

When the lows hit, they really hit. This morning has been especially tough as, right now, I should be wending my way to the hell that is Gatwick Airport for a week in the Canary Islands. Instead, I'm here, facing another week at work, and he's off to the sun on his own - not ideal for either party but I know which I'd rather be doing.

So I'm distracting myself by re-reading all our old emails and sitting alone in my room without the TV or stereo playing. For some strange reason, these techniques seem to make me feel even worse, until the Adwords on the right hand side of my Googlemail account bring up something quite extraordinary. When I'm in a dark place, it takes a fairly big surprise to distract me, but diapers for American pet birds is certainly up there. The photo gallery alone is enough to startle me into a new state where Lanzarote is briefly forgotten, and the company phone number, 888-412-POOP almost raises an incredulous smile. I'm not sure it'll keep my mind off bleaker issues for long but I've got to be grateful for all the respite I can lay my hands on - and for that, Mark and Lorraine Moore, founder of Avian Fashions, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment