Friday 7 September 2007

Playing Sod at his/her own game

I've found a failsafe way to keep the weather hot: buy a gorgeous new winter coat that, by virtue of its beauty, requires immediate use. I purchased it last evening and wearing it provides warmth equivalent to that in Hades' hotel room. Inevitably, to coincide with this, the weather has now stopped playing games and is, as one might expect for early September, in the low-mid 20s and very pleasant. No need whatsoever for a warm garment of any kind.

It reminds me of my youth when I was cool and smoked - our regular tactic would be to light up a cigarette while waiting for a bus as we knew that would guarantee the transport's immediate arrival. Now that I'm old and don't smoke, I instead choose to manipulate Sod by buying clothes. If my calculations are correct and this method really does work, then in order to be thin I need to buy several beautiful and expensive garments in a fat size as this will guarantee that the pounds fall off overnight and the clothes are rendered baggy and unflattering. Right - I'm off to the shops. Amex: consider yourselves warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment