Thursday 31 January 2008

DIY Day 3: Apathy

I was perky. Then I was bitter. Now I'm just jaded and cynical. I still love Antelope and my place is looking better by the hour. But there's a lot to do and I can't quite conceive of it all being done. I gave the bookshelves their first coat of Satin today and then fell asleep on the sofa in the afternoon sun. I had my second dinner party tonight: more home delivery from Thai Silk with Emily and Sarah. It was really lovely, although the benefit of hosting is usually that you don't have to commute home from your own house, so the tube and bus ride back to my parents' at the end of the night was bittersweet. Still, it's centrally heated here which can't be underestimated right now.

Flat aside, I feel empowered and full of beans while simultaneously wanting to sleep for several eternities. I'm in shock about Jeremy Beadle, feel scandalised about Kenya, am gripped about Super Tuesday and am so excited about having Sky HD installed tomorrow that I think, despite my exhaustion, that I may struggle to slumber tonight. My head is a complex place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment