Sunday 6 January 2008

Lazy Sunday Afternoon...

This whole weekend has been rather extraordinary in a very low-key way. Just totally unlike me. Yesterday I woke up with a vague plan for how the day was going to turn out, but in the end completely different things happened and it was really pleasant and not overwhelming or incredible, just very nice. I did some worthwhile things and was rewarded with warmth, acceptance, friendship and unsolicited compliments. And on Friday I realised I'd lost my 2008 diary and I thought I might have left it at work but then yesterday I received a phone message from someone saying it had been found on a train and now I'm going to be reunited with it. Extraordinary kindness and efficiency from a stranger, Diary Doug, who I will have to repay in some way.

Today I had no plans and lay in bed reading and emailing intermittently. Just before lunchtime I finished a book called Men! by Isabel Losada and noticed in the back that she had a website. So then I went on her website and noticed that she had a blog. So then I read the blog and saw that she had just set up a Facebook page. So then I went on Facebook and befriended her. And now for the rest of the day, I've been reading another of her books in my comfortable chair, while we've been writing on each other's Facebook walls about her impending Facebook addiction and my quest for spiritual enlightenment. It's all been rather surreal and wonderful.

And again, I am filled with the still-unfamiliar sense that everything is happening for a reason and my job is to learn the lessons I'm taught. I feel more accepting, more New Age and more content than I ever thought it was possible for me to be. And no, I'm not drunk.

Apologies to the Faithful who may have found my blog a little wishy-washy and sickeningly positive of late, but the fact is that I simply don't feel as bitchy or downtrodden or vitriolic these days. I'm sure it's just a phase but really, if I end up being insufferably upbeat and zen the whole time, I won't be remotely upset if you all stop reading. Hang in there for another few days, though, because I have to go to hospital for a minor operation on Monday and meet with two builders on Tuesday to get quotes for building work that will clean out my bank account faster than a sprinter on steroids. And then, to continue the vague feeling of a Craig David song, on Wednesday I am off to Amsterdam for two days' work and one day's play. Surely, somewhere along the way, I'll have to vent some frustration about something? Only one way to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment