Thursday 3 January 2008

Hard Graph

And once again, I thank my lucky stars that I have a job that currently allows me some time to myself during the working day. I have spent the vast portion of this afternoon creating a scale model of my kitchen in Excel, printing it out and then cutting out tiny Ikea wall and base units and arranging them on the paper floor. Of course, the difference between the model and reality is about as great as the difference between Mumbai and Montana and I will head off to Croydon's Ikea tomorrow, confident in the knowledge that there isn't a hope in hell that the units I purchase will actually fit when it comes to installing them in a few weeks time. Once again, I simply do not understand how people are meant to do this without professional assistance - or at least someone who speaks intermediate Swedish. But I soldier on nonetheless: my limited options mean that complaining is futile at best. And really, it's all very exciting indeed. Who'd have thought I'd ever be buying a kitchen? Hilarious. Tomorrow: we shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment