Friday 1 February 2008

DIY Day 5: Retail therapy

As the trite fridge magnet says, when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping. Having had about enough of painting and admin and phonecalls and delivery men for one lifetime, today I went to Homebase to buy a sink. In order to fit in with my builder's schedule, I need to find my bathroom sink in the next week to ten days. Of the three or four I found in Homebase that I liked, the quickest they could get me one was in 4-6 weeks. So I sighed, picked up some extra paint, bought some smoke alarms and a doormat and a light for my kitchen and went on my merry way. This afternoon I went to Habitat where I found a fantastic mirror for above my fireplace and some picture frames. Much more fun than shouting down the phone at the Sky installation 'team'.

Plus, when you're decorating at home, you don't get to witness the Great British Public's unique sense of humour, amply demonstrated this morning in the Signs and Lettering aisle at Homebase:

No comments:

Post a Comment