Monday 4 February 2008

Feeling snoozy

After a heady few days, I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night and ended up writing on my other blog until the wee hours. Then I had very weird dreams about being kissed by my boss and then doing a runner from work and spending the afternoon shopping in a huge mall that had the exact same layout as the house we all stayed in during our first year at boarding school. This morning I thought I might be legally entitled to stay in bed until the second equinox, such was the height of my exhaustion levels. Somehow I managed to drag myself vertical and made it into work, where the minutes ticked by and my exuberance faded until finally it was time for the gym and then choir. Now I am back in bed, a shadow of my former self, not low but not high and looking forward to a full night's sleep. My only pre-slumber quandary is whether or not to indulge in the 'handy' lunchbox-sized packet of oat biscuits in my handbag, given that I've already brushed my teeth. Leaving the Egyptian cotton and padding downstairs to rebrush is utterly out of the question, so it's either going to bed hungry or going to bed with crumb-mouth. Choices, choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment