Wednesday 4 February 2009

Melting pot

One day of snow and the whole country grinds to a halt. I had Monday off, frolicking and photographing the most breathtaking London I've seen for a long time, and since then the whole week has been a bit of a happy haze. No complaints from this end, sir. And if my snowy scene isn't enough to convince you of my hometown's beauty, check out these snaps. Gorgeous.

Not much to report otherwise - same old same old with me, too much admin, too much laundry, too much worrying about boys, too much fake tan, too much red wine, too much white wine, possibly not enough time taken to think about the ol' bank balance. Went to see Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, Tom Stoppard's 1970s play about Communist Russia on Friday. It was interesting and intelligent and had barely dated at all in three decades. Best of all, it was an hour long, which frankly all plays should be. If you can't tell your story in sixty minutes, maybe it's too long. Save money on interval drinks too. Saw Revolutionary Road at the cinema last weekend - not quite as mind-blowing as I'd hoped, but certainly engaging. Then watched The Chorus (touching) on Sunday night, The Wind That Shakes The Barley (eye-opening) on Monday afternoon and Lars and the Real Girl (fantastic) on Monday evening. Then worked hard yesterday, went out for delicious and remarkably constructive dinner with Grania last night, and have been staring at a computer screen all day today learning Advanced Photoshop. Gripping. I now know how to make myself look thinner and browner in pictures. Life will never be the same again - clearly I need to manipulate every image ever taken of me, and then never leave the house again so no one will be able to contrast the representation with the reality. Admittedly it's quite a commitment but I think it may be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment