Wednesday 31 October 2007

Grasping the bottom rung

An ambiguous blog title but an unambiguous excitement - I have been given a provisional mortgage offer and am ready to start house hunting. I couldn't sleep last night: I feel elated and nervous and under-confident and fool-hardy. Today I have been looking online in earnest. It's a strange sensation - something I always envisaged I would do eventually is actually happening. Now. It's nothing like I imagined: I'm looking on my own to buy on my own, funding it on my own and, amazingly, it feels absolutely fanfuckingtastic.

Better still, after a wait of several months, I'm going to the Hammersmith Apollo tonight to see the god of modernity, Rufus Wainwright, strut his funky gay stuff. Emily C-A and I are sitting in row 7 of the circle but have convinced ourselves that we might be able to turn him if we are glamorous enough and the spotlight comes our way. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment