Tuesday 14 April 2009

He Is Risen

Allegedly.

Fact or fiction, I still celebrated Jesus' death and resurrection with gusto and managed not to spend too much time moping about lack of minibreak to Prague / walking in Lake District / similar boast-worthy activity. I went to see Charlie on Thursday evening, where we were joined by Tracey and celebrated the latter's birthday with a lot of wine. I giggled until I was nearly sick, especially when the Conversation Starter coasters that Charlie had supplied asked us which celeb we would most want to date, and I couldn't think of anyone, so then we expanded it to 'Celeb, living or dead', and I said Paul Newman circa Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, and Trace said Jim Morrisson, and Charlie said Tom Selleck in Three Men And A Little Lady.

Then I had a very rude dream about Alistair Campbell which was mighty confusing, especially because I was playing hard to get and it appeared to be working. God he loved me. It was very fun. Friday was lovely - we went and had lunch by the sea and pretended it was warmer than it was. Then I had a delicious dinner with Nick on Friday eve, another delicious (if I do say so myself) dinner with Kate on Saturday, a delicious lunch with my parents on Sunday and a good ol' self-obsessed natter with Ses yesterday as we walked along Regent's Canal and had a nice crisp bottle of white in a pub in Primrose Hill. Can't complain, really. Although obviously I can. But I won't.

My joy for today is that I finally plucked up the courage to speak to the Halifax about my impending mortgage renegotiation, and it turns out that a) the amount won't leap nearly as much as I was fearing and b) I don't have to renegotiate again for another 4-5 years after this, so things should settle down. Feel a lot less stressed now. Meanwhile I have bored my Faithful to tears. Let me think of something I can tell you to cheer you up. Ummm. After ten days of dieting, I can already pull my work trousers down over my hips without undoing the button. Now THAT is satisfying. But possibly not interesting. Hmmm ......quite a lot of time passes..... Seriously, I've been sitting here with this window open for 20 mins trying to think of something to type and I can't. I'm afraid I am spent. More when it happens (to me). You'll read it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment