Thursday 30 April 2009

Unacceptable positivity

OK, so I really shouldn't be writing as it's late and I've got to get up at 06:50 tomorrow morning and do yoga (unprecedented) which would normally be hideous enough in itself, but also I was awake until after 03:30 this morning because my downstairs neighbours were playing hardcore ragga and MCing over the top like it wasn't just your average Wednesday night, and also I've had a long day and have another few long days ahead, but I just had to write because today, Thursday 30 April 2009, has been one of the happiest days of my life, and I felt it would be wrong not to record that fact.

It started off well because Nicole had invited me back to stay with her, in spite of previous blog reports, which was flattering and then extremely smug because booking this far in advance means my return to Swindon is £15. Then I had a good morning at work and giggled a fair bit. Then I had a half day in honour of my wonderful mother's birthday, and I raced over to Waterloo to meet my parents and take the Thames Clipper to Canary Wharf. Then we walked to The Narrow and ate superb food and drank nice wine and giggled a lot. Then we took the Clipper on to the Millennium Dome, and then it turned around, with us on board, and we all went back to Waterloo. I was happy as a clam. This city is just so... Apologies, I'm sorry, I'm drunkenly gushing. I left my parents at Embankment and trotted up to Trafalgar Square, where I arrived just in time to see the commercial monstrosity that was the next T-Mobile ad being filmed - thousands of people singing bad karaoke and hoping to get their mugs on TV. So much wrong with it all - but the sun was shining and for a moment everyone seemed happy and I joined in merrily with the singalong. Then I hotfooted it up to Leicester Square tube, jumped on the Piccadilly Line to Russell Square and scampered up to the first class in my six-week politics evening course, where I met lots of interesting people and had a good old banter about the role of the state. It was fascinating. Then we went to the pub. Then I got on the tube with a seriously seriously nice girl from the course, who I could have nattered to until midnight. Then we parted ways and I continued with the seriously gripping The Soccer Wars which I couldn't recommend more highly. Then I got home, brushed my teeth, moisturised and clambered in to bed. Still clam-like. The city is fantastic. I have wonderful parents. My friends are amazing. La vita e bella. Muchos gracias. Cynicism to follow tomorrow. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment