Tuesday 13 October 2009

No, I don't come here often, you cretin

Autumn has definitely hit London - it's cold outside, my office is arctic, my feet have frostbite and I am grumpy like a Disney dwarf on Day Three of cold turkey. I am in that mid-place between health and illness, where I am constantly convinced I can feel a sore throat coming on, yet one never quite develops, and I have an omnipresent headache looming on the horizon of my skull, not yet debilitating but enough to make me consider desperate measures such as having a nap on the floor of the loos, using my gym towel as a cover and my trainers as a pillow. What is definitely making my condition quantifiably worse is the ominous presence of tonight's activity, a singles event I am attending with Grania called Down With Dating, where there are ironic anti-date events such as Blind Hate and Speed Hating. I am feeling about as coquettish and attractive as a pre-menstrual sabre-toothed tiger so can say with confidence that the Hating part will probably be fairly easy for me. I do not, however, expect to leave the event overwhelmed by offers from possible suitors. Growl. Stupid me and my stupid gung-ho "Let's go to this, Grania, it'll be fun" stupid attitude. Growl growl growl. STAY AWAY FROM ME.

2 comments:

  1. Bet it's great and you meet someone class and all that. Can't wait for tomorrows entry. It's always the event which you don't want to go to which ends up being the most fun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your optimism charming, mister. Will update in full later on.

    ReplyDelete