Wednesday 16 June 2010

Another day, another fad

For as long as I am in the black and largely free of any responsibility, I will continue to entertain myself by doing pretty much whatever I fancy. And last week I fancied buying some Yogatoes. There they are, in situ, on the left. They are like huge, clear jelly sweets that separate your toes, stretching the muscles, improving arch support and (hopefully) minimising the aforementioned bunion issue. You can see the pesky bunion on the knuckle of my left big toe. And one growing on the right too. Bah. Anyway. Maybe these things will help. You're meant to wear them for 10-15 minutes a day at first, and build up gradually to an hour. I put them on when I got into bed last night. My left little toe muscles felt a bit angry at first at the stretch but they soon settled down; the remainder of my feet found the experience seriously pleasant. I promptly fell asleep and woke up about an hour and half later, somewhat trampling on the recommended ten minutes of wearing time for a beginner. Oops. Walking this morning, I could definitely sense that something had happened. We'll see if it's positive: I'll keep you posted.

Yesterday I was so bored at work that I shuffled down off my kneeling posture stool so that I was sitting on the bit where I'm meant to kneel and leaning against the bit where I'm meant to sit. This meant I was very low down - my head was at about the same height as my desk. I started to read. Then I got a bit drowsy, so I rested my head on a stuffed toy. Then someone came into my office. Oops. I think I got away with it. Today I have bad period pains and am snuggling up with a hot water bottle. Am boiling but I don't see any alternative as I've already ODed on Nurofen. Last night the contractions woke me up at 3am and, fittingly, I'd beeen dreaming about giving birth. No sign of the baby but lots of supportive friends congratulating me for finally getting up the duff. My need for the outward symbols of acceptance is laughable: I want the ring but am not bothered about the husband, the congratulations but not the baby. Ah well. Nothing a few weeks of consistent Yogatoes use won't cure, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous16:35

    I think you've got jolly nice feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a "without Yogatoes" pic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anon. And, Darth: I don't think so...

    ReplyDelete