Monday 21 June 2010

Eruption imminent

A brilliant weekend but my mood is probably an additional six-or-seven-points-out-of-a-possible-ten more buoyant than usual because I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT GLASTONBURY I MIGHT ACTUALLY BURST which would of course be a crying shame given how much time and money I have spent on the ticket and preparations etc. That aside, Friday night was fun - Grania and I went to Secret Cinema, which (I can now safely reveal without damaging the secret element for anyone else) was Blade Runner. We wore cyberpunk wigs and accessories, and goggles, and arrived at Canary Wharf at the correct time, got on one of the coaches that was then 'hijacked' by a man with a bad American accent wearing an overcoat, and taken to a dodgy warehouse/container area near Canary Wharf, where there was Chinese food and massages and amdram antics and loud music and beer and wine and snakes. And there was also, of course, the film itself, which I'd annoyingly just seen for the first time a couple of months ago, but this was, I believe, not the director's cut, and was thus a lot shorter. Which was a good thing, because really I was preferring galivanting around drunkenly in 'Chinatown' with 1000 other revellers than watching an eighties film, seminal though it clearly was.

Saturday was good too, brunch and lunch with two separate friends in the same venue, and then ironing and much ukulele practice. Yesterday I met up with my parents at 11:30 and we took the Thames Clipper from Embankment to Canary Wharf, where we walked to a gastropub and had a wonderful time and lots of booze to celebrate my dad's birthday, and then walked back to Canary Wharf, stopping at an All Bar One en route, then took the boat back to Embankment. I staggered home full of good intentions to pack for Glasto and organise my admin, sat down on the sofa at 7pm, started dozing about five minutes later, slithered off the sofa onto the floor by 7.30pm, woke up at 10pm, went to bed, and slept through until 8am. So a good 13 hours, punctuated by a selection of vivid dreams where I was fancied by three men, one of whom is almost certainly gay and definitely does not fancy me in real life, one of whom is famous and so hasn't yet had the chance to fancy me, and another of whom is far too young for me and may or may not fancy me. Woke up feeling confused and on heat. Have calmed down now but still panicking about headtorches and earplugs. So much to do so much to dooooooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment