Thursday 8 November 2007

Yoghurt: it could be worse

Seasoned property hunters will not be remotely surprised to learn that my flat fell through. It was all a bit smooth and too good to be true thus far. I'm surprisingly upbeat about it - in fact, I momentarily felt quite glamorous and hardcore as I actually attempted a gazump this afternoon. Admittedly, it was an unsuccessful gazump, in that I was immediately and conclusively gazumped back, but still, I briefly gazumped and that felt fairly exciting.

A propos of my Ray LaMontagne = yoghurt comment, I have since learned that Emily and I didn't know how lucky we were. Miss Robinson emailed me an article yesterday explaining that Ray is famously shy, rarely gives interviews and has even been known to perform in the dark. There we were, shuffling impatiently in our seats and slating him for not providing comic relief between songs, and little did we know that we should have been thanking our lucky stars we could even see the stage. This refusal to engage with his audience may be because he is not, as Emily put it, 'much of a looker', but I think it's more likely to do with some sort of passionate belief in the strength of his songs and a reticence to detract from them with gimmicks. Part of me admires Ray's musical integrity and part of me thinks if it's only about the songs, I'd rather save my money, listen to the CD and go see someone else live who actually wants to put on a show. The latter part of me is about as big as my thighs; the former part is about the size of my epiglottis.

No comments:

Post a Comment